Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Truth about the Thyroid and Why We Created This Site



Hello, my name is Kristi and this site is a gift from my mother and I. My mother was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer over 9 years ago and she has been cancer free for over 9 years. In this blog, we seek to provide our readers with accurate information about the thyroid so that they can take care of themselves and deal with any thyroid issues they may be facing. It is with sincere appreciation and gratitude that we present this site to you. Please check back often as we intend to make this site the most authoritative site about your thyroid on the ‘net today.

Here’s a personal note from my mother, Christina, about her experience and how she got through it.

As I look back over my experienced with a thyroid condition, I am convinced that things happen for a reason. You see, I was driving to work one morning and was rear ended by a yellow cab. That young man who hit me probably saved my life.

After I was hit, I went through the usual stuff. The police came to the scene and even though I didn’t feel hurt; I went to the doctor to make sure that I was not hurt. I can remember that it took awhile for the doctor to get to me since I was not a bad emergency. When he finally came in to the room, I was thinking just hurry up and let me get out of here. He checked me over and everything from the accident checked out. He then proceeded to check my neck to see if I had been injured. He started looking a bit strange as he checked my thyroid area. He told me to swallow and I did as I was told.

In that examination he concluded that I had a lump on my thyroid. He began to explain to me that it might be the Big C and it could be this or that. He told me that I had to get further testing and made several appointments for me. The first was a biopsy. Things kind of became a blur – too much information however, kept my composure.

I left the office and as soon as I got into my car, I began to cry. This was normal because I had to purify. As soon as I got my composure I called my daughter and husband. My daughter and I are both student of metaphysics and she began to use our teachings on me. She replied, “Oh mom, this is only a process and you’ll be fine.” My husband was very concerned and when I arrived home, he met me at the door.

I received the dreaded news a few days later. I knew that I had a long road ahead of me and that I had to get my head together. I went deep inside and held steadfast in my faith. With the use of people who loved me, spiritual books and read tapes and my faith in God, I was able to overcome my condition. I was able to withstand the treatment to remove my thyroid, iodine therapy and have been healed for over 9 years and continue to test cancer free.

God bless you on your journey and remember that God is the Master Physician.

Christina




Photo: Renjith Krishnan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Thyroid books at Amazon!